The Chapel of St. Nicholas, St. Ives, Cornwall

Return to: Cornwall, England or TRAVEL or Gallery
The Chapel of St. Nicholas, St. Ives, Cornwall - Cornwall, England
St. Ives Head (The Island), St. Ives, Cornwall (May 2012)

The two stone plaques on the front of the chapel read:

This ancient chapel of St. Nicholas, which has stood on this site since time immemorial, partially destroyed by order of the War Office in 1904, was rebuilt and restored to its former condition by Sir Edward Hain in 1911 being the coronation year of King George V.

The chapel was further restored in 1971 by James Holman C.R.E. of St. Ives.

Panoramic view of St. Ives Harbour, Cornwall

Return to: Cornwall, England or TRAVEL or Gallery

Also in: Cornwall, England

Porthcurno Beach, view from Minack Point towards Logan Rock
St. Michael's Mount in late afternoon sunshine at low tide
Kynance Cove
Lizard Point, Cornwall
Marazion from St. Michael's Mount, Cornwall
Mullion Cove, view towards Porthleven
Red & white day mark on St. Martin's Head, Isles of Scilly
Stone maze, St Martin's & White Island
Panoramic view of St. Ives Harbour, Cornwall